Journal of Animal EcologyCopyright © 2014 British Ecological Society
A Journal of the British Ecological Society
- Edited by: Ken Wilson, Tim Coulson, Ben Sheldon and Jean-Michel Gaillard
- 2013 ISI Journal Citation Reports® Ranking: : 21/143 (Ecology); 1/149 (Zoology)
- Impact Factor: 4.726
- Read the Journal at Wiley Online Library
Stephanie Green explains why generalist lionfish are really 'picky eaters' and how their feeding habits will affect invaded Caribbean fish communities. Read the full paper here.
3 most cited papers published in 2013
- How to:Quantifying individual variation in behaviour: mixed-effect modelling approaches by Dingemanse & Dochtermann
- Phenological mismatch strongly affects individual fitness but not population demography in a woodland passerine by Reed et al.
- Metacommunity structure in a small boreal stream network by Gothe et al.
Full list of most read and cited papers
- Modelers to the left of me, field biologists to the right; here I am, stuck in the middle with you
- How complex should models used by ecologists be?
- Down the up staircase: longevity and academics
- Biodiversity v Intensive Farming; Has Farming Lost its Way?
- A Look Back At 2014
- The Wildlife Side of Ebola
- It is alright to be wrong and was Wright right?
- Archive your data!
- A Call for Pre-Proposals
- Begging for funding?
Raymond Klaassen and colleagues have been awarded the 2014 Watson Raptor Prize for their paper in the Journal tilted 'When and where does mortality occur in migratory birds? Direct evidence from long-term satellite tracking of raptors'. 83: 176–184. The paper reported important new information on where and when satellite-tagged raptors died on migration and demonstrated just how hazardous migration is for these birds.
The runner up prize also went to a paper in the Journal and was awarded to Christiane Trierweiler et al. for their publication, 'A Palaearctic migratory raptor species tracks shifting prey availability within its wintering range in the Sahel', 82: 107–120.
Congratulations to Raymond, Christiane and their co-authors.
Please read our Data archiving policy before submitting your manuscript.
We have our very own Journal App. If you would like to know more click here for details.
- Open Access
- Aims & Scope
- Editorial Board
- Associate Editor Profiles
- Author Guidelines
Submit a Paper
- Accessing Content
- In Focus
- Synthesis, How To and Review Papers
- Special Features
- Virtual Issues
- Early View Articles
- Read the Journal
- Top Papers
- Journal App
- Recognition of Achievement
Sales and Services
- Functional Ecology
- Journal of Applied Ecology
- Journal of Ecology
Methods in Ecology and Evolution
British Ecological Society
- Wiley-Blackwell Ecology
Cross-journal Virtual Issues