Journal of Animal EcologyCopyright © 2014 British Ecological Society
A Journal of the British Ecological Society
- Edited by: Ken Wilson, Tim Coulson, Ben Sheldon and Jean-Michel Gaillard
- 2012 ISI Journal Citation Reports® Ranking: : 20/131 (Ecology); 1/149 (Zoology)
- Impact Factor: 4.841
- Read the Journal at Wiley Online Library
Metabolic constraints and currencies in animal ecology
Our latest Special Feature, guest edited by Murray Humphries and Kevin McCann, is a collection of papers aiming to synthesise the many and diverse ecological implications of metabolism across the ecological hierarchy, from behavior and food choice to whole ecosystems.
Entomology in Animal Ecology
In this Virtual Issue we showcase the critical role that studies on insects have played in shaping our understanding of animal ecology, in the hope that entomologists will send us more of their best work.
In this Virtual Issue we highlight the contribution that papers in JAE have played in our understanding of the exciting and fast-moving area of food web ecology.
Out of Africa
In this Virtual Issue on African animal ecology, we highlight a number of recent papers from the region that showcase the major contribution to animal ecology of studies conducted in this vast and extraordinarily diverse continent.
Full list of most read and cited papers
Top 3 most cited papers published in 2013:
- How to:Quantifying individual variation in behaviour: mixed-effect modelling approaches by Dingemanse & Dochtermann
- Phenological mismatch strongly affects individual fitness but not population demography in a woodland passerine by Reed et al.
- Metacommunity structure in a small boreal stream network by Gothe et al.
twitter & journal newsTweets by @AnimalEcology
- We are recruiting for a new Assistant Editor in the Editorial Office - see job advert here.
- The journal has a new Data archiving policy. Please read it before submitting your paper.
- We are excited to welcome JAE's newest Editor: Jean-Michel Gaillard, Institut écologie et environnement, CNRS, France.
- We have new Associate Editors: we are pleased to welcome Priyanga Amarasekare, Andy Fenton, Christophe Eizaguirre & Alice Hughes to the board!
- We have our very own Journal App. If you would like to know more click here for more details.
- Open Access
- Aims & Scope
- Editorial Board
- Associate Editor Profiles
- Author Guidelines
Submit a Paper
- Accessing Content
- In Focus
- Review Papers
- Special Features
- Virtual Issues
- Early View Articles
- Read the Journal
- Top Papers
- Journal App